Wednesday, March 2, 2016

London Calling

Featured in StoryChick - http://www.storychick.com/london-calling

150x150.png


I love to travel.  We all work and play hard and want to enjoy our hard-earned dollar.  Travel always makes me feel alive and gives me a new perspective on life. A lot of us have that need for adventure, and there are a ton of reasons why you need to get off your butt and do it!  There are so many great countries/cities to visit.  It opens you up to an adventure, gives you the opportunity to dive into a new culture and gets you out of your norm.  I can’t think of better reasons to get out there and explore the world.
I was in London six months ago and had an amazing experience.  I was lucky to have good friends who live there, and they made it a great trip for my friend Jess and me.  From the moment I landed in its beautiful airport, I fell in love.  The people are friendly and diverse, and there is a great vibe to the city.  My friends who live there call it New York’s little sister.  London’s vibrant city puts it on my map as the capital of cool.   We found it easy to get around – the Tube was clean as were the stations.  It’s home to some of the best museums and galleries.  London has the best sights and attractions to see such as the London Eye, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace and Big Ben.  Whether you want to dance until dawn, take a cheap bus tour, see the changing of the guard, shop the markets, visit the iconic department store Harrods, dine at Michelin-starred restaurants, gastropubs, or have afternoon tea, you will not be disappointed.  It has beautiful parks, and some of them have amazing views over the city.  You will have a terrific experience, amazing photos, and great stories to share on social media.  
london
For the tech savvy, heavily tech dependent to stay on top of the game, or those travelling on their own and want to be in the know, London’s trendy hotels and bars have free Wi-Fi, and most lobbies are designed to be social hubs with ample outlets for personal devices and digital guest books for streaming video and pictures via Instagram to share your travel experience in real time.  
London’s tech innovation has the greatest potential to drive its future growth.  The Golden Triangle, which is the unofficial name for a set of leading universities in the English cities of Oxford, Cambridge and London has more science and tech growth than California.  London is leading the way.
There is an app for everything that can give you online reviews and read personal travel blogs.  Most of us do online research and most likely read reviews before we book travel in order to identify the must-see attractions and locations.  Your research findings and word-of-mouth are important and have a strong influence on your determining your next destination.
I think the best reason to travel is because you can.  Be spontaneous.  Many airlines offer last-minute travel online. I hope you are inspired to do some travelling and visit London.  I highly recommend it!  Below are some links that offer great vacation packages for London.  I will definitely be booking my trip back to London very soon… London is calling my name.
https://www.go-today.com/london.aspx
https://www.kayak.com

No comments:

Post a Comment